Friday, June 29, 2012

LIVING & TRAINING IN LA

Absolutely loving a change of environment and living and training Santa Monica this year. Amanda and I have settled into our rented apartment and have settled into the LA lifestyle really well. There is obviously a lot more action going on than our home town in Noosa, Australia or our usual US summer residence in Bend, OR but it's actually a nice change.

I am in love with the riding in the Santa Monica mountains and have been really happy with the variety of good running trails we have around our area. I have been really lucky to gain the support of Evolution fitness and be able to use their Alter G anti-gravity treadmill. Since I haven't been able to run properly over the past three months using this amazing piece of equipment has really helped me get back on track. Running with 25% less body weigh on the treadmill means I have no pain on impact and in just three weeks I've returned to my normal running mileage. I can't thank the team at Evolution fitness enough! 

Amanda has been on an absolute racing mission in the past month. Back up after a long day at Ironman Cairns she ventured up to Ironman Coeur d'Alene this past weekend and again finished 8th. Two Ironmans in three weeks is an amazing feat and I am proud of her for sticking in both races and finishing when she had a few mishaps. She is already talking about her next race at Ironman Louisville in 8 weeks!!! 

Here are a few shots from our first few weeks in LA. Roll on Summer 2012! 













No comments: