Saturday, June 30, 2012

QUICK TRIP TO EUGENE

Amanda and I just returned from a quick trip to Eugene, OR. It was a very successful trip because I saw a specialist about my back that has been giving me problems on and off for the past 18 months. I had been dealing with the pain while running since Ironman Melbourne back in March so it was a relief to finally see someone that could help me and get me running 100% again! I am looking forward to the next few weeks and seeing some improvement.

We were lucky enough to time our trip with the US Olympic Track & Field trials and our friend Jesse Thomas wife Lauren was running in the 5,000m final. It was an awesome evening of events and there were several goosebump moments. The highlight had to be the men's 5,000m final and Galen Rupp and Bernard Laggat going stride for stride right to the line. The crowd went crazy when local boy Rupp not only won but also broke Steve Prefontaines 40 year old American record.

Our friend Rob also gave us the local tour and took us to Pre's shrine where he tragically died in a car crash. I even got an easy run in around Alton Baker park and "Pre's trials" which was something I'd always wanted to do in Eugene.









No comments: