Friday, January 14, 2011

QLD UNDERWATER

Fresh off the plane from Perth we were happy to be home in Noosa although we didn't realize just how bad the coming weeks rain was going to be. The now infamous QLD floods that tore through Toowoomba and Brisbane (not to mention several other towns and cities around QLD) made for a shocking week to try and train at home. I felt very helpless watching the people in Toowoomba and Brisbane go through nothing short of a nightmare. Noosa had a lot of rain and on the one occasion I did make it out on the road there was still a lot of water about so after only being home for from Perth for four days we decided to go back.

We were lucky to only have minor flooding in Noosa

It's been hard to watch the poor people struggling to clean up after the destruction of the floods and I urge anyone that can spare even just a few dollars to donate to the flood relief:

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/

Thanks!

Luke