Well we got three beautiful days here in Brazil but today the weather has turned a bit nasty. Drizzling rain all day which is quiet annoying when we have to go to briefing, register and do try get a few last easy training sessions done. I have been reluctant to get out on my bike all day today since it is now all kitted up with the race wheels and perfectly clean. Damn ... what to do? Hopefully it will dry out for 45 minutes before dinner?!
Last night we had a nice dinner in Jurere Beach with some of the XE Challenge athletes racing on Sunday. There are seven XE (Corporate CEO's) racing that are gunning for their slot to Kona. They are an interesting bunch and we enjoyed the banter over dinner.
I also met Eduardo Sturla for the first time. He is the defending mens champion here in Brazil and went a very slick 8.13 a year ago. I think he is the man to beat here in Brazil and he looks fit and strong for the race. I had a great conversation with him and I am looking forward to our few days off after the race so we can meet up with him and his wife Renata for some fun on the town!
It's also great to catch up with our long time friend Oscar Galindez of Argentina. I first met Oscar several years ago and we see him at many races around the world. He has always told me to come to race Ironman Brazil and I am stoked he is here to race again this year. I have a lot of respect for this man and he has won this event on several occasions so I will definitely be keeping an eye on him.

Hopefully it's a little drier on Sunday!

Last years champ Eduardo

I let him beat me up today. I try get him back on Sunday.

The man in South America, Oscar Galindez!