Monday, June 18, 2007

TRAINING TO IRONMAN COEUR D'ALENE - DAY 5 BEND

Morning swim at Bend pool
Riding in Bend is great - Awesome view of the Three Sisters in background!
The annual Bite of Bend food festival
The Deschute river trail is some of the best running I have ever done!

The early morning mountain air is a crisp 50 degrees! Little cold to get out on the bikes ... so it was off to the pool first to knock out 4km. To my surprise I ran into a friend I met in San Diego a few years back who now lives in bend. he really enjoys it here and it was great to find out more about the training in the area.

After a bagel and a protein shake it was out to explore the riding. What an awesome area to ride! It is similar to Boulder, CO I guess although much drier and less traffic on the roads. Amanda and I enjoyed tan undulating ride out towards Princeville Resiviour and back. It was perfect riding conditions with the sun shinning and only 65 degrees.

After some lunch it was out to the Deschute river trail for another run. Stunning! I am absolutely loving Bend and can't wait to return to do some more training after the Ironman!

No comments: