Well bad news ... I had some bad luck in the race today. My bar end gear shifting lever broke away from my tri bars which ment I couldn't change gears! If anyone has done Alcatraz before you know that would be a huge problem because there are so many hills and turns. I basically had to grind my way around the course and even walk up a few hills at some points which was embarrassing. I decided not to run because I was well outside the top 10 probably even the top 30 by the time I finally made it to transition. The run course is brutal and it wasn't worth the energy to run and be tired for the next week. At least I can get straight back into training as I will recover very quickly from the small part of the race I did do. Ah well .... these things happen. Got to look forward!

Broken bike!