Went for a warm up run this morning through the Marina Green and Crissy Field parks with literally thousands of other fitness fanatics. Every person in San Fran must have been out exercising this morning?! It was a beautiful crystal clear morning and I had awesome views of the Golden Gate bridge and "the island" that I will swim from tomorrow morning!
Went for brunch in the hip Chestnut street area at a kool little organic cafe. I really love the San Fran way of life and I could definitely see myself living here. Having a homestay has been a great experience to get a feel for the living in the city. Mariah and Carrie are my homestay and they are two young working professionals that live in Noe Valley, a surburb that basically overlooks all of the San Fran area. I have a great view of the Bay fthe back balcony! They are both part of the Team In Training and will be out on the course tomorrow cheering and working on the aid stations.
Time to go rest up for the race. Hopefully I will "escape" tomorrow and be able to right of a good race and result :o)

Nervous.... Checking out the loooooooong swim to shore!

Beautiful morning for run around the Golden Gate bridge

Alcatraz ... not that far!