Wednesday, March 14, 2012

IRONMAN MELBOURNE JUST AROUND THE CORNER

I can't believe Ironman Melbourne is a little over a week away. Having the first major Ironman event of the season in our own backyard has definitely provided me with a firm focus over the summer.

Having training partners like Greg & Laura Bennett, Mirinda Carfrae, Tim O'Donnell, Leanda Cave, Dede Griesbauer and Belinda & Justin Granger over the past two months has made for easy motivation to do the work required to be in top shape for Melbourne. I've been working with my coach Siri Lindley since September last year but this is the first time I have had her by my side for a full Ironman preparation. I love having her here in Noosa and I'm excited she wants to spend more time here in the future.

I've been trying to keep a good balance to life outside of training and that means I have been getting my fix of surfing and golf at least once a week. Of course having a competitive nature and surfing with my friend who is a professional surfer and handy with the golf clubs means it probably isn't as relaxing as it should be. I thrive on the friendly rivalry and it's definitely been fun off the training track.

In other news. The new look www.lukemckenzie.com is only days away from launching and I am looking forward to sharing some exciting new features with you all!

Catch you in Melbourne!