Thursday, October 27, 2011

EXCITING TIMES

First of all it's SO GOOD to be home in Noosa, Australia after 7 months away overseas in the US and Europe! I definitely miss home while I am away traveling and racing and to be back into our life here on the Sunshine Coast .... I couldn't be happier.

I am really excited to announce I am now officially working with Siri Lindley as my coach. I have mostly been self coached since 2003 with advice from several knowledgeable people here and there but nothing I would consider "coaching". I've been competing in the sport for over 15 years now and I feel it's the right time to join Siri and her amazing stable of athletes to get even more out of myself. After a rough start to the 2011 post injury and then having fatigue issues through the middle of the season, Siri helped steer me back to form in the last month pre Hawaii. I really owe it to her to help me prepare both physically and mentally in those last few weeks before the big dance. I have no doubt in my mind that we can do great things together and I am very excited about my up coming races under her guidance.

I won't be competing this Sunday in the Noosa triathlon. Even though it's my hometown race and one of my favorite events in the world I have decided to give it a miss and focus on Ironman Western Australia in a little over 5 weeks time. I will be traveling to Port Macquarie next weekend to compete in the Ironman 70.3 as a build up race. It's good to be home and racing in oz!