Wednesday, June 15, 2011

ITALY 70.3

There isn't much to report but I didn't have the race I had hoped for at the Pescara IM 70.3 this past weekend. I arrived in Italy post Texas having not met my expectations and I was hungry to redeem myself in this race. I knew my body hadn't been 100% but I wanted to put that behind me and not go in with excuses. I don't have an excuse. I am not in form right now and I am not healthy which is something I need to sort out. I have a few more commitments in Europe this week and then it's back to Bend, OR, USA to get settled, get healthy and get myself prepared to have a big second half to season 2011.

PAUSE .... STOP ..... RESET!

We weren't going to miss the race staying this close to the start.
The swim course looked calm early in the morning but by noon it was a choppy mess that made for a very rough swim (just the way I like it)
The day was going well at this point (1st out of the water)
Heading out onto the bike.