Training has been going really well out here. How can it not? The weather is perfect, warm and humid (just how I like it), the riding and running is tough and every session is a good quality workout and basically we have nothing else to do except train, recover, eat and sleep! Having some of the recent races like IM Australia and IM St. George this weekend also keeps me motivated to keep working hard towards my next race in two weeks time.
It's amazing that three weeks have already flown off the calendar since we arrived here. We have one more week left training in paradise before we hit the road again. For me it's a much anticipated Ironman Texas. Having missed the Hawaii Ironman last year it will actually be almost a year till the day that I last raced an Ironman (Brazil). To say I am hungry to line up again is an understatement. I've made the commitment to enter some of the most competitive races on the circuit this year and I hope it brings out a new level in me.
Amanda is hard at training for Ironman Brazil. We both absolutely loved our time in Brazil last year and although I can't go back due to the decision to race Texas, Amanda will be flying the team McKenzie flag down there. Her training has found a new found enthusiasm since she has signed on with her new coach and it's exciting to see the big improvements she is making from week to week.
Post Texas & Brazil Amanda and I really looking forward to short but fun three week Europe trip including our annual Sardinia training camp in Italy. We have planned a few races in Europe at the beginning of June then it's back to the USA to our other "home", Bend, Oregon. We are definitely looking forward to getting a full summer there this year!
It's rare to be riding home from Hawi and see the summits of both Mauna Kea (left) and Mauna Loa (right) the two 13,000ft + giants. No clouds today!



