So 2009 is a wrap. I was really happy with the season and my results reflected a lot of hard work I put in in my training. Racing 5 Ironmans this calendar year was a big learning experience and even though my last race didn't come together as I would have hoped it gives me a lot of confidence going into next season. Since I have just returned from my annual break I am already itching to getting back into racing in 2010. I am currently planning my season (it won't include 5 Ironmans!) and will let you know my plans in the coming weeks.
2009 WRAP UP
8th Geelong Ironman 70.3
1st Ironman Malaysia
2nd China Ironman 70.3
1st Busselton Half Ironman *Course Record
3rd Hawaii Ironman 70.3
1st Ironman Japan *Course Record
1st Bali Triathlon
1st Hulaman Half Ironman *Course Record
2nd Ironman Louisville
15th Hawaii Ironman World Championships
7th Ironman Florida
STATS:
5 race wins including 2 Ironman titles
8 podium finishes in 11 races
Lead off the bike in 4 Ironmans (Malaysia, Japan, Louisville & Florida)
RANKINGS FROM: www.triathlonrankings.com
| 1. | Craig Alexander | 200. |
| 2. | Chris Mc Cormack | 181. |
| 3. | Luke Mc Kenzie | 175. |
| 4. | Pete Jacobs | 162. |
| 5. | Raynard Tissink | 158. |
| 6. | Joe Gambles | 134. |
| 7. | Petr Vabrousek | 134. |
| 8. | Stephen Bayliss | 133. |
| 9. | Jimmy Johnsen | 126. |
| 10. | Tim O'Donnell | 125. |
I was also stoked to win the "Best Ironman Male for 2009" in the vote on www.finishline-multisport.com. Thanks for the votes!
Hppy holidays and see you in 2010!