Wednesday, October 07, 2009

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday - 3 days to go!

I had my first official sleep in in months. I lasted till 7am before I was wide awake and was up having breakfast before I quick cruise down to Kope Lani for a coffee. It was a relaxed start to the day but then things got busy fast! A spin on the bike, a dip at the pool, a trip to the barber for a race shave filled the rest of my morning. 
Kope Lani coffee makes the best coffee in town 
The Zipp crew. Brian, Jason and Greg at the Ironman expo

After lunch it was time for a massage with the beautiful Dawn before I rushed out to Kaeuhou to do interviews for the Ironman NBC show then back to the Ironman expo for the K-Swiss pro panel. From there it was straight to the BlueSeventy/Slowtwitch welcome party and then back to town for a short run at sunset. ... a packed afternoon! I was glad a got a little nap time in my lunch time massage!!! 

Amanda interviewing Guy from BlueSeventy for our up coming show "The Adventures of Jimmy & Memphis"
A big gathering at the BlueSeventy/Slowtwitch welcome party
Catching up with out mate Hillary!

It was a tiring day today. One I am glad to put behind me. It's been a big learning experience in time management and prioritizing given the little extra commitment I now seem to have with my sponsors and media at this event. Tomorrow I plan to get a lot more time on the couch and hopefully staying off the legs as much as possible.