Saturday, October 10, 2009

THURSDAY

Thursday - 2 days to go!

Busy day today! Started with a swim at the pier and a photo shoot with BlueSeventy. Eric Wynn is an amazing photographer, check him out at: www.ericwynn.org. After our swim I headed out for a quick spin on the bike and then it was down to the Ironman Expo to go some signings and meet and greet for my sponsor: FuelBelt.

FuelBelt signing at the Triathlete Magazine tent
Fellow FuelBelt sponsored athletes Cameron Brown & Cait Snow

Next on the agenda was the Pro briefing at the King Kam hotel. It really hits home that the race is getting close and I guess that's were the nerves start to kick in a little for me. It's always fun to se the huge pro field assemble in the tent and look around and suss out the competition. Once the briefing was done I grabbed a little lunch on the way to a nutrition panel for my sponsor PowerBar. 


PowerBar nutrition panel with Tim de Boom & Sam McGlone

I then went for a short run before I got some time to put the feet up and rest. I got a little sleep and watched a bit of TV. At sunset I did another photo shoot with Eric Wynn, this time for all of my sponsors. His work is amazing and I am really looking forward to working with him more in the future! 

Lastly to cap off a busy day we headed up the mountain to the K-Swiss house to have dinner with the team . We also celebrated our boss Erik's birthday and had a fun night. 
The girls K-Swiss team show off some new swimwear! 
Jessi Stensland interviews Amanda for Active.com
I went for a little dip in the pool to test my new speedo's from K-Swiss and did an interview with Jessi