Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MORE BIG SWELL IN NOOSA, EVERYONE LEAVES TOWN & ANOTHER RACE TO THE SCHEDULE

The big swells continue to roll in to all the beaches around Noosa. This morning I snapped these shots down at our local beach, Sunshine Beach. Beautiful, big, perfect, offshore waves. These are the days surfers dream about! 

Things have really started to quieten down around town with a lot of our summer training partners now down in Port Macquarie for Ironman this Sunday. Team Bennett (Greg and Laura) also headed off to the USA today so our swim squad and bike bike group will be a little skinny.

Today I also confirmed I will be racing the Busselton Half Ironman, coming up on May 2nd. Amanda and I will get one last race on home soil prior to heading over to the USA for the summer. I have never raced the Half Ironman but having competed in the Ironman a few times I love the course, town and people so we are looking forward to heading to West Oz for the weekend.

We are heading down to Port Macquaire on the weekend to watch the Ironman. It's going to be an interesting race!