Sunday, January 25, 2009

AUSSIE SUMMER

I love the Aussie Summer. I love the warm weather, the morning swims at the beach and the balmy evening runs watching the sunset over Laguna Bay. It just doesn't get any better!

Amanda and I went for a quick two day trip to Melbourne earlier in the week to catch up with Erik from K-Swiss and go see some tennis at the Australian Open. 

Erik treated us to an awesome day with access inside the players center and entry to any game we wanted to watch. It was awesome to be in the players lounge watching all the stars walk past. We met Serena Williams who was very nice and we chatted about triathlon and her ambition to do one. Hopefully in 2009 she finds the time to fit a race into her busy schedule?!

I really enjoyed Lleyton Hewitt's game against Ferando Gonzales in Rod Laver Arena. Although Lleyton lost the five set match, it was full of excitement. We also went and cheered for Tommy Haas in his game. He has an awesome backhand! 

We are back in Noosa now and back into the training routine. The humidity has been crazy but we are loving the hot weather. I love training with guys like Belinda and Justin Granger, Greg and Laura Bennett and Hilary Biscay just to name a few. We have a great group and I am loving the change we have made for 2009. I know Amanda and I will be in Noosa for a long time to come.

Our K-Swiss boy Tommy Haas in action
Pre wicked backhand!
Lleyton Hewitt ready to receive serve 
Amanda and Harriette enjoying the action in Rod Laver arena
Baldo does the Aussie Open