Bend is Base Camp. It's where I will spend the next 6 weeks building up for the Hawaii Ironman in October. The weather has been perfect for long days in the saddle and long runs along the river. We have scored an awesome house on the east side of town and have a really cool young room mate. Joey doesn't refer to himself as our room mate he prefers "landlord"! Joey is a real estate agent here in town and is an absolute Poker freak. There isn't a day that goes by that both he and Amanda aren't glued to the TV watching the World Series of Poker!
Amanda has been doing the best training yet since she has gone pro. Her running has really come along and I can't wait to see her do a massive PB time at IM Canada in a few weeks time. We recently decided that since things are going so well that Ironman Florida in November would be a good race for her to do before we fly home to Australia.
I am looking forward to having my sister Jacque join us here in Bend in a few weeks time. I think this year she will do very well in Kona with some more time to train and a year of Ironman experience behind her.
Things have been going very well on the sponsorship front and I will announce shortly some exciting new partnerships I have secured leading into Hawaii. I am lucky enough to work with the best companies in our industry and the new sponsors I have coming on board are no exception.
More soon ....
Cheers