We really enjoyed cruising the little warrens in and out of the main streets of Shinjuku. We had dinner at the most amazing little Yakatori bars and hung out with the locals.
We visited Old Tokyo and took a tour around the Imperial Palace gardens before heading to Ronponji for some shopping and lunch. During the afternoon we hit Takeshita Street (I thought was quite funny ... TAK A SHITA) in Harajuku where all the bargan shopping is located. On the walk back to our hotel we stopped by the Menji Shrine which was our Japanese religious experience.
On our last night we hit the glitz of Shibuya ... Tokyo's version of Time Square! Wow ... it is easily the busiest place I have been to in the world. The subway station is really an experience. Amanda and I had a beautiful BBQ dinner and hit a few bars. We couldn't have too big of a night as we had to get up early for our flight to Bali!
I can't wait to return to Tokyo ... it really is one of the best cities in the world!
We have arrived
Night time in Shinjuku
Back streets of Shinjuku
Yakatori Bars in the back streets
Imperial Palace Gardens
Takeshita Street, Harajuku
This place is a freak show!
Menji Shrine art
Amanda cleanses her hands before entering the Shrine
Menji Shrine, Shibuya Ku
Crazy Shibuya at night
Tokyo's answer to Time Square
A night out in Shibuya