The swim course ended up being very long (probably around 2km instead of the advertised 1500m) so that made for slow times. I hadnt done any swimming since the race in Japan and I honestly felt horrible but I still managed to come out with a good lead which I held for the rest of the race.
Running through the Sunday morning markets was amazing. The Balinese people where cheering, little kids running beside me and others just stopped and starred as to what on earth was going on! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel one week after Ironman Japan but the legs got around the course OK. I definitely felt it on the run and struggled to get out of Ironman pace.
Our stay here has been so much fun. Our days have been filled with swims at the beach, daily massages (sooo cheap!) eating unbelieveable Indonesian food and generally relaxing by the pool. We really don't want to leave on Tuesday ... it would be too easy to stay, but unfortunately all good things come to an end and we head back to the USA.
Amanda and I would really like to thank Robb, Brennan and Jack for having us here in Bali. The Four Seasons for providing us with some amazing accommodation. Guaruda Indonesia for their generosity. All our sponsors but mainly K-Swiss and BlueSeventy for providing us with triathlon, swimming and running products to give to the local Bali kids. They were all so excited! We really hope we will see them lining up in the race next year!











1st Bali International Triathlon
Race director Robb
Amanda does some media on Jimbaran Beach
Pre race drinks and Press
Amanda enjoys a pre race massage
Beautiful Jimbaran Beach
Lifes tough at the Four Seasons!
Sunday afternoon on Kuta Beach
Shopping in Kuta