I did it ... today I won my first Ironman title, Ironman Japan! It was my seventh Ironman finish, therefor I have dubbed it "Lucky number seven". To make the victory even sweeter I also set a new course record of 8.29.11
It was a perfect day for an Ironman today with cloudy skies, light rain every now and then, slight wind and a nice 26 degrees with high humidity.
I had a great start to the day with a good swim of just over 47 minutes. Mathieu O'Halloran lead out of the water but I soon passed him through transition and from there I kept the lead for the rest of the day.
I rode well, making sure to take the technical downhill corners with care and cruising the harder climbs to keep my heart rate from spiking. I actually broke the old bike coure record also which was held by super cyclist Chris Leito but Mitch Anderson out split me by a few minutes to get the bragging rights on that one.
Out on the run I made sure to start more conservatively than I had in the past and kept to my splits I had been training to over the past few months. My new K-Swiss shoes were unreal and it's going to be available to the public at the end of the year so I highly recommend them to anyone looks for the perfect Ironman shoe!
It was an amazing feeling running down that finish chute as the winning and something I will savour for the rest of my life. Of course I hope there are many more to come but I think that first one is special.
I crossed the line to a "balling" Amanda. It was a great moment! She is the driving force behind this victory, she never stops believing in me. She motivates me every single day! I love you babe!
I really wish mum and dad could have made it here, they have never waviered in their support either and it was awesome to talk on the phone after the race ... we were all so excited. Thanks mum and dad!
Thanks to all my loyal sponsors. Big ups to K-Swiss ... there support this year has been beyond amazing. They are an awesome crew!
Adrian ... thanks for your support mate. Wish you could have been here ... you would love the food!
Nicole and the crew at PowerBar ... thanks for fueling my victory!
B70 crew .... the TST Helix is the best suit on the market! Steve, Dean, Guy, Moxey, Alex .... you are all legends!
Vinu, Betsy and Scott at FuelBelt .. Cheers!
Have to mention FSA, Fi'zi:k, Sidi and Smith for all the years of support!
It was a perfect day for an Ironman today with cloudy skies, light rain every now and then, slight wind and a nice 26 degrees with high humidity.
I had a great start to the day with a good swim of just over 47 minutes. Mathieu O'Halloran lead out of the water but I soon passed him through transition and from there I kept the lead for the rest of the day.
I rode well, making sure to take the technical downhill corners with care and cruising the harder climbs to keep my heart rate from spiking. I actually broke the old bike coure record also which was held by super cyclist Chris Leito but Mitch Anderson out split me by a few minutes to get the bragging rights on that one.
Out on the run I made sure to start more conservatively than I had in the past and kept to my splits I had been training to over the past few months. My new K-Swiss shoes were unreal and it's going to be available to the public at the end of the year so I highly recommend them to anyone looks for the perfect Ironman shoe!
It was an amazing feeling running down that finish chute as the winning and something I will savour for the rest of my life. Of course I hope there are many more to come but I think that first one is special.
I crossed the line to a "balling" Amanda. It was a great moment! She is the driving force behind this victory, she never stops believing in me. She motivates me every single day! I love you babe!
I really wish mum and dad could have made it here, they have never waviered in their support either and it was awesome to talk on the phone after the race ... we were all so excited. Thanks mum and dad!
Thanks to all my loyal sponsors. Big ups to K-Swiss ... there support this year has been beyond amazing. They are an awesome crew!
Adrian ... thanks for your support mate. Wish you could have been here ... you would love the food!
Nicole and the crew at PowerBar ... thanks for fueling my victory!
B70 crew .... the TST Helix is the best suit on the market! Steve, Dean, Guy, Moxey, Alex .... you are all legends!
Vinu, Betsy and Scott at FuelBelt .. Cheers!
Have to mention FSA, Fi'zi:k, Sidi and Smith for all the years of support!
Nervous times pre-swim start