Saturday, April 05, 2008

THANKS TO THE CREW

Well its not long now, only a day till I am out there and racing. I have to write a little bit about the amazing support crew that have gotten me here. Everyone has been so amazing this week leading up to the race.

Firstly thanks to the IMG crew who make this the best race in Australia. They have really looked after me and my family with amazing accommodation and everything else we have need during our stay in Port Mac. So thanks to Dallas, Shane, Kim and Jo!

This week leading into the race I cracked my seatpost and without a lot of people running around for me in Sydney to get a new one I don't know what I would have done? A new set of Xentis wheels also arrived for the race so thank you to Liam at SEDC Imports and Adrian my major sponsor at Amalgamated Textile for personally delivering them to me right in the knick of time. Arian, I love having you at my races so thanks for coming up from Sydney to be here!

Thanks to Peter Nimmo at Incline Sports in Queensland. It's great to have you in my corner and the help and support you have given me not just over this past week leading into the race but for the past 3 years we have been working together. Hopefully you will make it down to see the race tomorrow?!

Emma and Candice at PowerBar Oceania have been great this week and over the whole summer here in Australia helping me with all my nutrition needs. Thanks :)

Greg Cox from the Queensland Academy of Sport has been amazing with helping me with my nutrition plan. Its a very important key in me making the next step in this sport and he has given me great confidence going into tomorrows race.

Guy Crawford from BlueSeventy. Having you around leading into the race has really helped me relax and not got too serious about myself. He has also set me up in the super duper new BlueSeventy Helix TST suit which is easily the best wetsuit available. Thanks mate!

I have received countless emails from lots of friends all around Australia and the World so thanks for the words of encouragement!

I have to thank my mum, dad, sister for everything they have done for me. They ran around everywhere for me getting this and that just so I can focus on what I need to do for the race. I can never thank them enough for this .... thank you! I love you all!

Lastly, my beautiful girlfriend Amanda. Her positivity is infectious and the belief she has in me drives me towards my goals. She has taught me to let go of any fear and never be afraid to not succeed. I know that will be key in the race tomorrow and in the future. Thank you for being there babe, I love you!

These are the people that make up my team. Thanks again to all of you and hopefully we can make it a successful day tomorrow!