Monday, March 31, 2008

UPDATE FROM PORT MACQUARIE

Amanda and I have been in Port Macquarie for a few days now and have really been enjoying the best weather we have seen all summer. The days have been a beautiful 26 degrees, clear blue sky's and very little wind. Fingers crossed the weather keeps up right through till race day on Sunday. I think it will be a fast day of racing if it is the case!

I have been spending a lot of time out on the course getting to know every inch of it. I am really excited about racing here for the first time because it really looks like it will suit my strengths.

It is the first time I have raced an Ironman on Aussie soil since late 2005 so it's going to be great to have that extra support. Having all my family, grandparents and sponsors here will be awesome. Having grown up just 45 minutes away in Taree I also look forward to catching up with plenty of childhood friends and seeing their faces on the sidelines as I race.

Time to hit the pool for a swim. Will write more soon :)
Beautiful day for a spin down the coast
Checkin out the bike course
Time for a swim
Evening run along the Hastings river