First stop on my international racing schedule was the Hawaii 70.3 on part of the Hawaii Ironman course. It was a good opportunity to get more experience on the course before the big race in October.
Unfortunately I picked up a little cold on the plane to Hawaii and I felt lethargic in the race. I was able to have a strong swim but it was evident that as soon as I got on the bike I wasn't feeling 100%. Only 3 weeks out from Ironman Coeur d'Alene I didn't want to risk making my sickness worse and I decided it was for the best to finish my day after the bike. I was able to support Amanda in her race out on the run leg. She was close to her Kona spot but in the end just missed it.
I look forward to a better day next weekend in Baja, Mexico!
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment