It's been 6 months now since I injured my knee leading into the Hawaii Ironman. Trust me the last thing you want is to have to wait for a stress fracture to heal in your knee ... it takes forever! I guess one thing I learnt was to never underestimate a slight fall or crash like I did and try and train through it!
It's been a long a slow recovery but I feel it's behind me now as I have really started to get back into my full training. I have been swimming since December and riding since January and have slowly built my runing back up during February and March. Ironman Coeur D'Alene is still 15 weeks off and it is my goal to be prepared well and have a solid race there.
I couldn't have gone through the recovery process this well without my beautiful girlfriend Amanda. Having her there on those walk/runs really keeps things in perspective for me. She is a great inspiration and motivator!