Tuesday, April 04, 2006

IRONMAN AUSTRALIA

I just got back from a weekend down at Ironman Australia in beautiful Port Macquarie. Port Macquarie is about 6 hours south of the Gold Coast where I live and train. I didn't compete but wanted to go down and check out the race as I am very keen to race it in the future. The weather was amazing all weekend and it was perfect conditions for an Ironman. Although the weather was awesome I was still expecting the times to be slow with such as hard course but Macca seemed to breeze through it and record a slick 8 hr 20. I thought that was a very good time considering how hilly the bike and run course are in parts.

I did a little bit of training over both the bike and run course while I was there and I think it is a course that can really suit my strengths so I am looking forward to lining up in Port next year!