Tuesday, February 28, 2006

SURFS UP!

I have been finding a little time over the past few days to get out in the surf and do some photography. I have been using Shelli's water housing and Canon EOS 5 camera to capture some awesome surfing and waves. With the Quiksilver Pro starting next week there are lot of pro surfers in town and some great action out in the water. My highlight so far was shooting a session where Taj Burrow was ripping at Burleigh Point. It was a beautiful late afternoon session and the sunset on the waves made for good shots. I am still learning the ropes of water photography and I am seeing improvement in my work after every time I go out. It is a great hobby and maybe if I can get good enough it could become a part time job outside of triathlon?
Here are some of my best pix so far >>>