Sunday, May 22, 2011

SHOCKER OF A DAY IN TEXAS

No excuses. I made some stupid mistakes yesterday that led to me getting sick and having gut problems. I tried to battle on for a while but the body didn't want to. I considered pulling the pin but that wasn't an option either. I had to finish and I did (eventually). I have never walked in an Ironman event before which was a new experience. I definitely rather run!

It's days like Ironman Texas that make us hungry to come back and fight even harder next time. I take a few positives out of yesterdays race and now I have 9 weeks to Ironman Frankfurt were I look forward to a redeeming race.

Congratulations to Eneko Llanos on the win yesterday. He deserved it. Tim O'Donnell was very impressive in his Ironman debut and showed he is going to be a serious contender in Hawaii this year.