Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SAN DIEGO

It's been seven years since I lived and training full time in San Diego so it has been great to return here and do some of the old favorite routes over the past two weeks. I'm also "back on the horse" after a rough few weeks with fatigue post Abu Dhabi/San Juan 70.3. In hindsight pulling out of Texas 70.3 was the right decision to give my body that extra week before I push it again and not forcing it through another weekend of back to back racing (Galverston/ New Orleans). I've been able to train at full intensity during my time in San Diego and all signs of the tiredness and fatigue I had in Las Vegas are gone. I am really looking forward to New Orleans this coming weekend and racing again.

Life in San Diego has been different to past trips. Amanda and I usually do all our training in North County near Del Mar, Solana Beach and Encinitas when we come through town but this trip we have stuck closer to downtown training around Mission Bay and using a lot of facilities I actually never knew existed. I have to say I have really enjoyed it. Plus, Amanda and I agreed we love the ocean and love being near it.