Welcome to 2010! It's been a busy time for me here in Noosa preparing for a big year ahead. Not only is my training back in full swing but I have been busy planning out a big year of racing, finalizing new sponsorships and to top it off Amanda and I are getting married in October. Lot's to do!
I will once again begin the year with Ironman Malaysia on the beautiful island of Langkawi. I really enjoyed the race and the experience last year and I look forward to returning and defending my title. It seems that being based here in Noosa now and the time of year is a perfect race for me to start the year.
After our European stint it will be back to our favorite US training base of Bend, Oregon to prepare for the Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii. In 2010 I hope to devote the entire back half of the season to putting in my best performance at this race. Hopefully the icing on the cake will be our wedding on he Tuesday following the race! Amanda and I have found the perfect place in Keahou and its definitely going to be a week to remember.
So it's very busy 2010. It should make for some interesting blogs throughout the year?!
In the coming weeks I will also announce some exciting new sponsorships and partnerships and release some more details about our training camp in Italy!