I have decided my next challenge is the up coming Xterra World Championships in Maui next weekend. I am looking forward to heading there on Friday to get a week of mountain biking in before the race. I don't have much more ambition than to "have fun" but I am currently 45 seconds behind Eneko Llanos in the race for the double (combined time of Ironman and Xterra) so I may or may not have a chance at winning that one. My guess is "no way" but you never know with Xterra?! I think Michael Wiess of Austria is in the mix too and considering he was 2nd last year I am sure he will be a contender. It should be a good challenge and a lot of fun.
I am not sure if I will end my racing season at Xterra or if I will line up one more time for the World Ironman 70.3 Championships in Clearwater. I guess it will depend on the quality of training I will get done and if I have motivation to get through four more weeks? I think it would be cool to do all three World Championships (Ironman, Xterra & 70.3) and possibly be the first person to do so? Amanda is racing Ironman Florida a week before so I have the luxury of waiting till the last minute to see if I will race 70.3 Worlds.