Saturday, October 24, 2009

43 seconds

Yesterday I had my last ride over the practice course for this weekends Xterra World Championships. My mountain biking has been getting better every ride and I am actually looking forward to this new challenge. After few laps finally hit out my mate Eric Wynn snapped a few pix (below) He is a really talent photographer and I am always amazed with his work. Check him out www.ericwynn.org

I actually have a slight (and I mean very slight) chance of winning the Ironman/Xterra double, which is the combined times from the Hawaii Ironman and the Xterra race. I currently sit 43 seconds behind Eneko Llanos of Spain. The reason I give myself a "slight" chance is that he definitely has the credentials in the Xterra World (He was the World Champion in 2006) but I think if (if) I can keep myself out of trouble you never know in these Xterra races what is around the next corner. The is definitely that "X-factor" involved in this kind of racing. There is also Mickey Wiess (2nd here last year) who sits 17 minutes behind me going into the race, but considering he could easily ride that much faster than me on this course, he could still be a factor for the double title. 

Either way I am just here to have fun and enjoy a new challenge with zero expectation. Will let you know how it goes!