Tuesday, September 22, 2009

3 WEEKS TILL IRONMAN

We have been here on the Big Island for a little over a week now and training has been coming along really well. There has been plenty of other professional athletes in town to mix it up with on a daily basis. The body has recovered really well from Ironman Louisville and I have strung together a great block of training leading into Hawaii. 

The last of the hard work is being done in the next few days and then it's taper time! Time to ease up on the big long rides and runs and sharpen up the body with some shorter speed work. 


Amanda and I hanging out on the lanai (outdoor room) of our hawaiian beach shake. I have been having my daily post training nap here .... soooo good! 
Another solo training day out on the Queen Kaahumanu Highway. 
Just a few of the other pro's in town already training for the race. Good mates Linsey Corbin from Montana and Terenzo Bozzone from New Zealand.