Amanda snuck away to San Diego for 48 hours last weekend and purchased a new camper van for the 2009 tour of North America. We are going to trick it out with a box trailer that will carry our Scott bikes, Zipp wheels and of course our scooter. We plan to hit a few Ironman 70.3 events during july, august and september as well as head to a few different training locations in the pacific north west. We are also planning a road trip post Hawaii to Ironman Florida (Amanda) and World Ironman 70.3 champs (me) so the camper will get some good use! Fun times ahead!
This weekend I think I might sign up for the Tour of Big Island cycling race. I can only compete in the first time trial stage because I would need a road bike for stage 2 & 3 (I don't have my road bike with me). The TT starts at Waikoloa Beach and ends at the top of scenic lookout. The last mile uphill might sting the legs and lungs!
I am going to miss life in Hawaii but we will be back before we know it for Ironman!