Unfortunately I have had to change my racing plans for the coming months and I won't be lining up at Ironman China in April. Luckily with the Ironman 70.3 event on the same day, Amanda and I will be able to still use our plane tickets and we can still get a race in prior to traveling to the USA in May.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
GETTING BACK ON THE HORSE
I have finally recovered from a serious lung infection I picked up while traveling in Asia and have finally got back into the routine of training. After coming down with a Gastro bug just a few hours after finishing Ironman Malaysia I think my body was susceptible to anything going around and sitting in airports was not the ideal place to be. When I came down with a cough while I was in Cambodia I didn't think much of it, but as soon as I returned to Australia my cough turned to serious Bronchitis then Pneumonia within a matter of days. I have never been so sick in my life. 2 weeks of hell! I am finally out and about and enjoying the beautiful Noosa weather. Training has not eventuated till yesterday and boy does it feel good to be doing some exercise! It will be a slow road back to fitness but I am glad to have an illness like this hit me now rather than later in the season.