Saturday, February 07, 2009

KICK OFF SEASON 2009

Tomorrow I am lining up for my first race of the 2009 season here in Geelong, Victoria. I am looking forward to getting back into racing and taking on a very competitive field. Last year I had some problems with Asthma here in Geelong which forced me out of the race but with a lot warmer temperatures this year (it is suppose to hit 44 C today!) I am sure those problems won't surface again. 

It's always interesting to see how the body is going to respond in the first race of the year after a break over Christmas. Training in Noosa has been going great. Having a change of scenery and a great bunch of athletes to train with has been very refreshing and motivating. 

This morning I went for a spin over the bike course with Belinda Granger and even though I didn't really like the idea of a 3 loop bike course I think the bike course is tough and technical enough to split the field up a bit. We can only hope the drafting will enforced. 

I like the run course here in Geelong with about 50% of the 3 loop course on dirt trails with some rolling hills. Having done a fair bit of my early season training in Noosa on similar terrain hopefully I can produce a good run split tomorrow. 

Kick off is at 7am tomorrow morning!