Sunday, May 25, 2008

KONA TRAINING CAMP

Amanda and I are back in Kona, Hawaii for a 2 week training camp. I love the lifestyle in Kona and it's always good to come here outside of October when it gets really busy and intense around Ironman. 

The volcano is erupting at the south end of the island at the moment so every day the "Vog" (Volcanic Fog) rolls in. It hasn't seemed to affect us ... yet. haha. Other than that the weather is perfect, nice and hot and humid. We are looking forward to locking down a solid two weeks of training. There will be plenty of swims at Dig Me Beach, rides along the Queen K out to Hawi and runs along Alii drive and in the Energy Lab! It is really great to start to know the Ironman course and soon enough I will know it like the back of my hand.  

I am racing the Hawaii Ironman 70.3 next Saturday. I look forward to racing against Macca and Tim Marr, who I will be training with while I am here in Kona.