It's been a long time since my last post. Lot's has happend since I arrived home in Oz after Hawaii.
After spending eight weeks in Sydney recovering from a big season Amanda and I made the move up to the Gold Coast. We are both very excited to have our own little apartment for the first time. For the past twelve years I had lived in the central parts of the Gold Coast but we have now made the move to Tweed Heads which is right at the southern end of the coast. I have been asking myself every day why I hadn't made the move south earlier ... we love it. The training in the Tweed Valley is awesome and it's been great to do new rides and runs and swim with a different squad.
Amanda has adapted well to life as a pro. She just keeps going to a new level every week and I know she is going to make massive improvements in her races this year. Ironman New Zealand will be her first test but I would say the middle of the year is when her hard work is really going to shine.
I had initally planned to race in New Zealand as well but realised that with five weeks to go I wasn't going to be in the best shape I could be and have now switched my focus onto Ironman Australia. There were several other factors that influenced my decision and I am now really happy with my choice to take my time. I am going to have all my family in Port Macquarie including both of my grandparents. With my mothers father now literally living on the Ironman Oz run course and my fathers parents living a few hours up the road in Coffs Harbour it's going be really special for them to see me race an Ironman.