I swam well and led out of the water. I rode with Paul Matthews from Australia and we were caught at about 60km by Chris Legh and Matt Lieto. With 10km to ride I broke away from the group and came into T2 alone with 45 seconds advantage.
I felt strong over the first 10km and to my surprise didn't lose too much time to Chris Legh and Paul Matthews charging from behind. At about 15km Chris passed me for the lead and soon after Paul passed me for second. I held it strong and finished a close third.
I am now looking forward to a few days off and getting back into training before hitting a few more 70.3's in August and September and Hawaii in October!
LAKE STEVENS IRONMAN 70.3
*** Elite Male Overall Results ***
1 Chris Legh 35 Lyons CO 3:56:26
2 Paul Matthews 24 Murwillumbah 3:57:08
3 Luke Mckenzie 26 Carlsbad CA 3:57:33
4 Timothy Marr 28 Mililani HI 4:01:48
5 Matt Lieto 29 Bend OR 4:02:51
6 Gavin Scott 22 North Entrance 4:03:30
7 Kirk Nelson 27 Longmont CO 4:05:47
8 Chris Dmitrieff 29 Boulder CO 4:06:26
9 Mike Neill 35 Victoria BC 4:11:36
10 Blake Becker 26 Madison WI 4:11:36

No comments:
Post a Comment