Monday, November 13, 2006

OUT OF THE WORLD 70.3 CHAMPS!

Unfortunately I had to withdraw from the World 70.3 Champions in Clearwater, Florida this weekend. My knee which blew up in Kona didn't come right in time and left me with no choice but to pull out. I think I could have done really well at this race but unfortunately that's the way things go sometimes. There is always next year! I had a great time in Clearwater supporting my friends and I was stoked to see my Aussie mates Craig Alexander win and Mirinda Carfrae come 3rd ... awesome results!

I will be taking some time off now and will see a specialist about my knee. I hope all goes well and I will have a speedy recovery and be back training before Christmas?!

I have marked Ironman Australia as my next goal which is April 1st 2007, so that gives me plenty of time for recovery and then training to work towards a good result and a Kona slot.

Till next time

Cheers

Luke

No comments: