I have just returned from my second training camp in Cairns and Port Douglas which again was a great success. I really love the training up there in the hot humid spring weather. I will definitely keep returning to do my future Hawaii training camps. I met up with my suisse mate Mathias Hecht and his girlfriend Nicole and we did 3 days in Cairns and 4 in Port Douglas. On my previous trip the weather was up and down with a bit of rain but this time it was perfect weather every day. Long ocean swims at Port Douglas beach, long rides through the Daintree National park to Cape Tribulation and the Atherton Tablelands and runs through the trails around Cairns were all logged in the diary. Mathias and I train really well together and I enjoy his company to get through those long days of Ironman training. It was a great feeling to sit at Palm Cove yesterday afternoon having a coffee overlooking the beach and turquoise ocean, relaxing and reflecting another big week of training.
I am back on the Gold Coast now to finish my final two weeks of training before taper and traveling to Kona. I am entered in a team for next weekend Gold Coast 1/2 Ironman which will be one of my final hit outs before the big day. I decided against racing the full event as I don't want to leave myself cooked before the big day, October 21st.
Expect to see some exciting news on the sponsorship front in the next week. The support I have gained from these companies to race in Hawaii has been amazing and I really appreciate it.
Thanks to Guy for looking after us in Port Douglas. I would definitely recommend a stay at Latitude 16 when in Port Douglas! www.latitude16.com.au
Check in soon!
Cheers
Luke
No comments:
Post a Comment