I had my first win for the 2006 season at the Colorado Springs Sprint Triathlon today. I had just come off my biggest week so far of training for Ironman so I wasn't expecting to have any energy let alone speed to do a sprint race but it was close to Boulder so I thought I would give it a shot. I really surprised myself and I felt strong and fast (even though it was at 6500ft above sea level!) and took the lead after the bike and ran away to win by about 1 minute over Clarky.
Another big week of training ahead ... gotta love Ironman training! Will check in again soon ;o)

1st Colorado Springs Triathlon
RESULTS
COLORADO SPRINGS SPRINT TRIATHLON
750m Swim 20km Bike 5km Run
1 LUKE MCKENZIE LOUISVILLE CO 59:44.2 8:09 33:14 16:43
2 MATT CLARK LOUISVILLE CO 1:00:44.6 8:08 33:11 17:38
3 CRAIG GREENSLIT BERTHOUD CO 1:00:46.7 9:53 32:17 17:04